weight loss ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weight Loss Diary 4 -- Joy of first goal achievement


This time of weight loss determination and plan came with a lot of research and book reading – to make sure plan is achievable in a healthy way and can be carried out successfully.

The first book I read cover to cover is “THE 4 DAY DIET” by Dr Ian Smith. Amazon has 4.5 start on this books review. My take away from reading this book is:

  • · Make realistic goals – this is where my joy of first goal achievement came from. I have 30 pounds to lose, I don’t expect to achieve this in 2 weeks, or 2 months. After plenty of research, I know it is recommend to lose 1-2 lb a week. My goal is 1 lb a week. My first goal is to get below 150 lb to reach 149 by 6/29. And I MADE IT today! 1.5 weeks ahead my schedule. I feel happy, I feel more confident, it is just a lot of joy.

  • · Every bite counts – some food is really high calories, I used to not care about small bites and give myself excuse for those snacks. But now each time whenever I think of a 2x2 inch brownie has 200 calories, I stop the craving. J

  • · Resist temptation – I have done it, and will continue resisting temptation.

Now, continue working hard toward melting away 1 pound a week, and stick with my schedule/calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 



Privacy Policy